The assignment was to create a print using a block. We were to use a minimum of two colors. The catch was that we had to use the same block for all layers. I could not understand for the life of me... until I started working. It finally dawned on me how it was going to work. The theme was to make a statement. Here's mine.
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Saturday, November 23, 2013
When I came up with the feminine robot head idea I wanted her to have "hair" and a bow. I played around with the idea of her having eyelashes but I did not end up using them. I did, however, give her a luscious robotic pout! She was built piece by piece with foam core, glue gun and then she was spray painted chrome. This was a challenging piece since it was supposed to be worn. Take a look!
Sunday, November 17, 2013
I've been working on this project for a few weeks now. It's a commentary on the public school system in the United States. I'm leaving the interpretation open to the viewer. This is watercolor and pencil. Click on the last one to see the full piece!
Friday, November 8, 2013
When we started this process in class I could not wrap my head around how this was going to be done. Coming from mostly a drawing and painting background moldmaking was very alien to me. I'd like to share how this went. Take a look!
First we made plaster molds of the original object. Then we made wax molds using the plaster molds. We then covered the wax sculpture again to prep for the wax melting.
We then melted the wax with hot steam.
Here he is everyone! The Hamster King! Made of solid glass.