Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Outcasts


I started this a while ago, and I can't get myself to finish it. It's about being different, acceptance and wanting to belong. It brought back a lot of painful memories. I went to eleven schools in twelve years. I was always the "new kid". It was hard to try to fit in when you didn't even know who you were yourself. My sisters and I became masters of transformation and observation. We would come into a new school and bam, we transformed our clothing, language, accent, whatever it took. Maybe I'll complete this soon, maybe not.

3 comments:

  1. Que linda pintura Marybel.... mi reina, como te admiro, eres unica, llena de talento, amor, felicidad, linda hija, esposa, sobrina, mama, amiga, y puedo seguirle dale y dale ........ te quiero besos y abrazos - TU FAN #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Save it for me for the next time I come visit!!
    11 schools in 12 years made one special mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marybel, you HAVE to finish this...I would LOVE a print of this!! Por favor!!

    ReplyDelete