Sunday, April 6, 2014

Our Lady Of Artists

For this project, I talked to different people at school and realized that we all are going through our own personal struggles. Sometimes we can deal or cope with them with strength and optimism, but sometimes these struggles become overwhelming so we tend to look outside of ourselves for support.
I wanted to create a very special idol for just us, artists, at PNCA, in our little Expanded Field Class. Something to just look over us, nothing else.

The viewer has the option to make a “wish” and light a candle to symbolize that wish. I used wood, paint, sculpy, fabric, glue and some found objects for this project. I decided to go small because I wanted to use rich detail.























2 comments:

  1. Love love this! I would love to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I can not believe you made this, you did a wonderful job and wow that is crazy about that guy going nuts in the gallery.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete