Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Reading


I'm learning the Tarot and decided to do a personal reading. There are many types of readings one can do. I decided on a simple past, present and future. I would do three paintings of this reading, not an exact copy of the card, but instead, an interpretation of the meaning. In another post I showed you the painting of the "Present" which was a wolf in sheep's clothing. I have now completed the "Past" piece. It is of a woman who cannot see because she is blindfolded and her body is a cage that holds her bleeding heart that has been punctured by sharp arrows. Take a look...


This is the final piece. 



Detail of the heart. 



My process, she initially had eyes that you could see. I decided to cover them. 



The covered eyes. 



Blocking in the color at the beginning. 


Thanks for stopping by! I have also updated my website www.marybelmartin.com check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment